20.5.13

DIY :: candes in vintage cups?

 I had a couple of lovely mismatched vintage tea cups lying around and for a long time had no clue what to do with them. This weekend i decided to do a fun project and turned them into candles.
 i started with gluing strings of prewaxed wick to the bottom of the cups
 I then melted the wax in a double boiler and added some color by using pieces of crayons. While doing this i advise you to be careful not to overheat the wax or expose it to open flames! After leaving the wax to cool off a bit i added some scent abd then poured the wax into cups: 
 This morning i got to see the results of my little project: 
The new candles are currently serving as lovely decoration to my kitchen but they could also make lovely presents for my dearest frineds :)

1 komentar:

jkolenc pravi ...

bravo, lepo..