6.11.14

That homey feeling

me, trying to style the living room into a cosy perfection
p.s. banners are a diy party leftovers ;)

First off, let me apologize for the bad quality of the photos, though it actually works with the 'work in progress' nature of this post. 
I was lucky to have a client that not only let me redesign his apartment with a decent amount of creative freedom but also take photos before he moved in. The downside of that? Due to most of the budget being spent on construction work  the space was filled with only crucial furniture pieces (mostly from Ikea) and lacked accessories and that 'homey' feel. My solution: borrowing smaller furniture pieces, pillows, throws, artwork, decorative elements and plants to give it a 'lived in' feel for the photo shoot. 

 photos of the items that might fit my concept i took in various Ljubljana furniture shops

How i went about it? I had a certain concept in mind and then went imaginary shopping to all of Ljubljana's furniture salons. After making a list of all the items that might fit into my concept i narrowed down the selection and then schlepped everything to the apartment, styled it and got the photographer to take photos. It sounds really simple but the truth is after a couple of days of wrapping, lifting, styling, more lifting, cleaning and worrying i was super exhausted. I could only fully relax when all of the items were returned to the shops intact and let me tell you, it was one stressful week. Of course, while shooting i couldn't stop thinking about the fact that i could have gotten ten times as many items and it still wouldn't have been enough. I'm still not satisfied with the project and keep thinking about what i could have done better. I am looking forward to seeing the finished photos though; i hope they will be good enough to calm me down....

Ni komentarjev: